Jessica D. Bortnick, Barrister & Solicitor
After working as a journeyman welder for several years, Jessica articled and subsequently worked at the Edmonton office of a large regional law firm. She was called to the Bar in August 2010 and became a sole practitioner in October 2013. Her practice consists of general solicitor’s practice: dealing with non-litigious matters in the areas of Wills and Estates and Corporate/Commercial law.
She is a born and raised Edmontonian and loving mother of three young children. Jessica enjoys helping clients navigate through what may at times be a legal minefield. She is a firm believer in client education with various speaking engagements respecting the legal aspects of Wills and Estates in and around the City of Edmonton and Hamlet of Sherwood Park.
- LL.B. (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2009, first year at Queen’s University
- B. Comm. (with distinction), University of Alberta, 2006
- Journeyman Certificate – Welder, 2005
Awards & Recognition:
- Queen’s University – Dean’s Gold Scholar Award in Law
- David Sabbath Prize in Criminal Law
- Blake’s Scholar Award
- “Charging a higher rate of interest on arrears? You can’t do that” -Lexology January 7th, 2012